Environmental Compliance and Permitting
Providing solutions for complex regulatory requirements.
BLE’s environmental compliance and permitting support services are designed to assist our clients with navigating complex and evolving environmental regulations. Serving as the on-site Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) professional or supporting existing EH&S staff with regulatory plans and permitting, BLE strives to be a partner, treating our clients’ challenges as our own.
We can develop systematic methods for overall environmental compliance or simply assist with reporting deadlines and permit requirements.
It can be challenging to keep pace with state and federal environmental regulations. The pressures of operating a facility can limit the available time and resources needed to comply with the constant stream of compliance deadlines. BLE can help fill this gap by:
- Offering comprehensive support for air quality, water quality, and waste management compliance. We provide a broad range of environmental auditing, permitting, and compliance assistance services, as well as identifying process improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- Developing environmental management systems, including the preparation and implementation of the various regulatory plans and procedures. BLE’s services include communicating and negotiating with regulatory agencies, managing recordkeeping and reporting requirements, training facility operators, and/or providing on-site EH&S support.
- Continually monitoring state and federal environmental regulations to help our clients stay abreast of new and changing regulations. We deliver cost-effective solutions to complicated regulatory requirements, alleviating the burden of environmental compliance for our clients.
Air Quality Permitting and Consulting
BLE supports our clients through the maze of air quality regulations, permitting, and reporting requirements.
- Air Construction and Operating Permit Applications and Renewals
- Title V
- Synthetic Minor/Conditional Major
- Minor Source
- General and Registration Permits
- Emission Inventory Preparation and Toxic Air Pollutant Assessments
- Air Dispersion Modeling (AERMOD and SCREEN3)
- State and Federal Regulatory Compliance Assistance
- Control Technology Evaluations
- Air Permit Emission Tracking and Compliance Reporting Assistance
- On-site Record Retention, Permit Verification, and Auditing
- Regulatory Liaison and Negotiation Support
Water Quality, Wastewater, and Storm Water Consulting
The NPDES program regulates facilities with sources that discharge pollutants to waters of the United States. We help our clients obtain coverage under the applicable NPDES permits for stormwater and wastewater and can also help develop and implement site-specific plans to mitigate spills and manage allowable discharges.
- NPDES Permitting and Compliance
- Industrial Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- On-site Monitoring, Sampling, and Reporting
- Water Quality Monitoring Plans (WQMP)
- Wastewater Discharge Permitting and Reporting
- Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs)
- Best Management Practices (BMP) Plans
- Slug Control Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans
Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste Compliance (RCRA)
BLE assists our clients as they navigate the potential hazards posed by waste disposal. We help ensure that hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are managed and disposed in a compliant manner.
- Waste Management
- Non-hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Universal Waste
- Industrial Waste
- Pump and Haul Permits
- Waste Characterization and Analytical Testing Support
- Waste Stream Determinations, Classification, Waste Profiling and Manifest Management
- Waste Storage Area and Container Management
- Preparation and Implementation of Emergency Contingency Plans
- Waste Tracking and Reporting
- Routine Regulatory Waste Reporting
- Waste Storage Inspections, Record Retention, and Auditing
Emergency Planning Reporting (EPCRA)
Release reporting compliance requires significant regulatory attention because of the potential impacts to the environment. BLE helps our clients understand and comply with the storage, use and release reporting associated with hazardous substances.
- Chemical Inventory and Safety Data Sheet Review
- Emergency Planning and Release Notification
- Tier II Reporting
- Toxic Release Inventory - Form R or Form A Reporting
- Emergency Response Action and Remedy Support
Other Environmental Compliance Services
BLE’s regulatory compliance team offers clients tailored solutions designed to meet their needs, including:
- Temporary or Long-Term On-Site EH&S Staffing
- Environmental Compliance Gap Analysis
- Environmental, Health and Safety Training
- Health and Safety Plans (HASP)