The property is contaminated, now what?
BLE’s team of environmental engineers and scientists understands the technical and practical challenges associated with environmental contamination.
We can help you at every stage of the process, from site assessment to site closure. We have extensive experience in soil, sediment and groundwater remediation technologies.
With experience and approachable expertise, we help our clients manage property liabilities, achieve compliance standards and facilitate redevelopment plans.
BLE works with clients to understand the goals and objectives for the property, while providing education on contaminant characteristics and regulatory requirements. Our goal is to design solutions that are more effective, economical and sustainable.
Our professionals have performed innovative assessments and characterizations of a variety of contaminated sites, including site assessments for property transactions, urban Brownfield Redevelopments, underground and aboveground storage tank sites, dry cleaners, landfills, PCB sites, bulk storage terminals and facility decommissioning and demolition.
Project success hinges on an accurate Conceptual Site Model (CSM) that considers the unique geology and hydrogeology, preferential pathways of contaminant movement, contaminant fate and transport, and the feasibility of engineered remedies.
BLE provides the following site investigation and feasibility study services:
- Sampling and analysis plans
- Evaluation of cleanup criteria
- Environmental liability assessments and management strategies
- Groundwater and subsurface investigations
- High resolution site characterization and innovative investigation
- Surface water and sediment sampling
- NAPL and DNAPL delineation
- Risk assessment
- Vapor intrusion investigations and mitigation
- Indoor air monitoring
- Surface and borehole geophysical analysis
- Expert witness and litigation support
- Depth-discrete sampling and aquifer testing in sedimentary and fractured bedrock systems
Managing environmental contamination balances cost, risk, and technical feasibility. Whether dealing with historical contamination or responding to a spill at all hours of the night, BLE works with you to develop and execute remediation plans that meet your needs.
We have extensive experience in the design and implementation of a broad range of environmental remedial technologies. This experience allows us to effectively evaluate conventional and innovative techniques to identify the best remediation strategy.
Some of the remediation/cleanup technologies BLE has performed include:
- Engineered containment and capping
- Soil excavation/dredging and disposal
- Groundwater pump/treat and hydraulic control
- Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA)
- Soil vapor extraction / air sparging
- Dual Phase Extraction (DPE)
- In-situ chemical oxidation
- Enhanced bioremediation and augmentation
- Free product recovery
- Remediation system design, installation, and implementation
- Remediation system O&M
- Remediation system performance evaluations
- Remediation system decommissioning and demolition
- Pond/lagoon closure
- Vapor barriers
- Venting system
- Rapid spill response and cleanup
- Long-term monitoring and site closure