Specialized services when you need them most.
BLE provides Special Inspection services in accordance with Chapter 17 of the International Building Code (IBC). The purpose of Chapter 17 of the IBC is to regulate the quality, workmanship and requirements for the materials outlined in that chapter, including concrete, masonry, steel and wood.
Special inspections are in addition to the normally performed inspections where strength and safety of the materials have been determined to be critical. They help to ensure that the structure is built properly. Through scrupulous testing and observation of the construction materials and installation, these inspections reinforce compliance with the project specifications, drawings, and industry standards.
As the IBC is updated, our qualified professionals stay informed of the changes in regulation, ensuring our clients’ projects are compliant.
Our special inspection services include:
- Field density testing
- Verify soil bearing capacity
- Driven and cast-in-place deep foundations
- Reinforced concrete
- Pre-stressed concrete
- Post-tensioned concrete
- Structural masonry
- Structural steel inspections
- Steel bolting and welding inspections
- Bar joist and metal roof decking
- Wood construction
- Sprayed fire-resistant materials
- Intumescent paint
- Cold-formed metal framing
- Seismic resistance
- Anchorage of electrical, architectural, and mechanical components
- EIFS inspections