Building Code Inspections
A trusted partner for building a better environment.
BLE provides building code compliance inspections in accordance with Chapter 1 of the International Building Code (IBC). Chapter 1 of the IBC establishes minimum requirements to provide a reasonable level of safety, public health and general welfare with regards to the structure. This can be accomplished through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment. It also outlines the minimum requirements to provide a reasonable level of safety during emergency operations.
Our team spends considerable time inspecting worksites to ensure that construction meets local and national building codes and ordinances, zoning regulations and contract specifications. With a thorough understanding of the complexities of code compliance and constantly evolving statewide regulations, BLE technicians and inspectors utilize their many years of experience to ensure a smooth permitting and construction process.
Our building code inspection services include:
- Electrical inspections
- Mechanical inspections
- Plumbing inspections
- Building and framing inspections
- Lathe, gypsum board and gypsum panel product inspections
- Fire alarm inspections
- In-ground, rough-in, above ceiling and final inspections
- Concrete slab and under-floor inspections
- Pressure testing of sewer, gas, domestic water and fire protection lines
- Mechanical piping and support inspections
- Duct seal inspection
- Smoke alarm and duct detector inspections
- Fire and smoke resistant wall penetrations
- Energy efficiency inspections
- ADA compliance inspections
- Egress lighting