Reducing environmental risks, one client at a time.
For more than 23 years, BLE has helped our clients manage risk in the world of environmental compliance and restoration. We provide environmental services to industrial and commercial clients, utilities, lenders, law firms, and more. We guide our clients with strategies for due diligence assessments in real estate; with good science in site remedial investigations and corrective action; and with regulatory expertise at industrial operations – whether with permitting, auditing, record keeping or reporting. We offer practical science-, technology- and regulatory-driven solutions to the everyday issues of our client’s business – with a goal to reduce risk, increase sustainability and mitigate impact to the environment.
We are engineers, geologists, hydrologists, scientists, geochemists, biologists, regulatory experts, risk assessors, safety consultants and industrial hygienists. Our mission is to help our clients meet their environmental obligations.
What sets BLE apart from many consulting firms is the ability to integrate cross-discipline services and skill sets for the benefit of our client’s projects. From environmental due diligence to geotechnical engineering and on-site construction quality assurance, BLE provides a seamless transition through the complexities of project development – with one line of communication between the owner, legal counsel, regulators, A&E designers and contractors.
Taking prudent steps to evaluate real estate using systematic approaches to inform buyers and lenders of environmental risks.
- Highly responsive team of professionals
- Transactionally focused to meet deadlines
- Experienced consulting to facilitate business decisions
Site Assessment and Remediation
Our approach to treating site contaminants depends on the nature of the materials, site characteristics, regulatory permitting requirements, and technical feasibility. BLE’s innovative corrective actions have saved our clients significantly – sometimes by changing proposed remedies, modifying existing remedial systems that are no longer effective, or negotiating risk-based closure.
- Customized solutions
- Approachable expertise
- Tremendous working relationships built over time
- Large company capability with small company service
Environmental Compliance and Permitting
We can either start from scratch or review your existing environmental program’s compliance with permit limits, State and Federal regulations and corporate policies. BLE can conduct an environmental compliance gap analysis of your facility operations to identify potential environmental compliance violations and opportunities. Or, we can simply help facility EH&S with their routine engineering, compliance and permitting duties.
- Timely and efficient response to our client’s needs
- Direct communication between clients and project managers - no "middle man"
- Hands-on approach to each project
- Diverse capabilities with the expertise to manage large projects or assist with smaller ones, whether preparing a Title V Operating Permit application requiring complex AERMOD air dispersion modeling or assisting with a No Exposure Certification for compliance with stormwater regulations