BLE’s Response to COVID-19
Our clients’ safety and our employees’ health are some of our most important values. Read below to see the steps BLE has taken to ensure both:
In response to COVID-19, BLE is taking measures to protect our employees, clients, and community. We have created a response team that meets weekly to monitor the developing information during the time period of the government declared emergency.
Each day, BLE sanitizes door handles, tabletops, and other common areas throughout the office. BLE asks that all employees practice good personal hygiene:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If an employee has cold or flu-like symptoms they must report it immediately to their supervisor and will be required to observe 14 days of quarantine before returning to the office or work site.
All domestic non-essential travel via commercial airline or carriers is restricted. Employees are discouraged to travel internationally unless such travel is essential. If an employee or immediate family members intends to travel internationally, they will be required to get approval from their supervisor, observe 14 days of quarantine and be free of any of the symptoms before returning to the office.
These safeguards are important measures to protect our staff and clients. We will continue to update our guidelines as it is appropriate.