Drilling and Remediation
Going past the surface....
BLE’s contracting division, Landprobe®, provides drilling services for soil, rock and groundwater assessment, well installation, geotechnical investigation, and direct-push technologies. Our experienced remediation technicians perform field operations for site restoration of contaminated commercial and industrial properties.
Landprobe® utilizes modern drilling techniques and state of the art approaches to subsurface investigation, in-situ testing, remediation and deep foundation construction.
As a part of BLE, Landprobe® can prioritize project schedules to meet the needs of our clients. Landprobe® personnel are an extension of the BLE project team, connecting office to field.
Environmental Drilling Services
- Monitoring wells, recovery wells and injection wells
- Nested wells, cluster wells, multi-point sampling systems
- Well development, purging, and rehabilitation
- Direct push technologies for site investigation
- High resolution site characterization
- Direct push technologies for site investigation and injection remediation
- Vapor extraction and air sparge wells
- Aggressive fluid-vapor recovery
- Remediation system construction operation & maintenance
- Emergency spill response
Geotechnical Drilling Services
- Hollow stem auger and mud rotary drilling
- Air hammer bedrock drilling
- Continuous soil and rock coring
- Standard penetration testing and undisturbed sample sampling
- Downhole video, geophysical logging & packer testing
- Piezometer installation and instrumentation installation
- Cone Penetrometer Testing (CPT) for site seismic and stratigraphic evaluations
Deep Foundation, Municipal and Industrial
- Mini-pile, pile, soil nail construction
- Grout injection for ground stabilization and sinkhole repair
- Dewatering wells, water supply wells, geothermal heat loops
- Pump installation and servicing
Drilling and Remediation Equipment
Landprobe owns and operates the following drilling equipment:
- Geoprobe Model 6620DT Track DPT Rig
- (2) CME 750 All Terrain (ATV) drills
- Schramm T450WS truck mounted air hammer rock drill
- (2) mobile Aggressive Fluid Vapor Recovery (AFVR units)
Landprobe® also has ready access to an extensive vendor network allowing us to procure or lease supplemental non-stock materials and equipment efficiently. This commitment to readiness and reliability means on schedule performance and lower project costs.
Licenses, Certifications and Training
Landprobe® drillers are licensed in multiple states. Our senior drilling staff, with over 20 years of experience each, provides systematic mentoring, technical leadership and training to a younger generation of apprentice drillers and helpers.
A program of continuing education provides technical skills development for all drillers and helpers. Selected individuals hold Class A Commercial Drivers Licenses, First Aid and CPR training certifications. Landprobe® is an OSHA certified drug free work place.
Health and Safety Compliance
Our Safety Program requires all field personnel to complete an initial safety orientation course, OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPR 29CFR 1910 training, annual 8-hour refresher, client-directed and American Petroleum Institute (API) Loss Prevention System (LPS) courses, annual in-house loss prevention and liability course and quarterly seminars.
The Program is maintained by progress monitoring, individual accountability, regular field tail gate/job-specific meetings, job-site safety audits and random drug testing.