As one of the earliest methods of transportation in the United States, railroads formed our mass transit system and interstate commerce system. Today, railroads are still utilized for those functions.
Railroads are among the largest civil engineering projects, and often the most complex. BLE’s team of professionals provide innovative solutions to challenges that may arise, whether it involves large embankments, cuts in massive rock, tunnels or bridges.
Our services include:
- Geotechnical investigations and designs
- Foundations for bridges, culverts or subgrade for trackwork
- Rock and earth investigations/design for tunnels or cut slopes
- Environmental permitting
- Contamination assessments and clean-up
- Construction management and inspections